30 Jul Phoenixville Bucket List
When you attend college in a quaint, cozy town like Phoenixville, you realize that part of the small-town charm is the vast history of the area and the unique attractions and activities it has to offer. Below is a list we’ve compiled of things to do and places to go in and around Phoenixville! Happy adventuring!
1. Attend festivals!
Phoenixville is famous for its various festivals that run throughout the year celebrating history, heritage, music, and good food!
- First Fridays
- Phoenixville Food Truck Festivals
- Blob Fest: Colonial Theatre
- Firebird Festival
- Dogwood Festival
- Harvest Festival and many more!
2. Explore the natural beauty of the area!
Nestled into beautiful Pennsylvania countryside, Phoenixville and the surrounding area has gorgeous hiking and biking trails, creeks and lakes for swimming, kayaking, and canoeing, and historic spots perfect for adventures!
- Schuylkill River Trail
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- French Creek Heritage Trail
- St. Peter’s Village (St. Pete’s)
- Marsh Creek State Park
- John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove and Audubon Loop Trail
3. Support local talent, businesses, and agriculture!
Bridge Street in Phoenixville hosts a plethora of restaurants, shops, and businesses. However, there are plenty of hidden gems not included on this list, that are waiting to be explored.
- Get coffee at Artisan’s Gallery & Café
- Watch or perform during an open mic night at Steel City
- Stop for breakfast or lunch at Nudy’s Café
- Enjoy a treat at Petrucci’s–UVF students get 10% off with their student ID
- Check out Phoenixville Farmers’ Market for fresh, locally grown produce
- Visit the John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove to see the beautiful birds and their carefully maintained habitats