The Education department offers multiple programs to equip future teachers for successful careers. Teachers are among the most impactful people in the lives of students. Whether learning how to read or write or how to calculate complex math equations, students spend many hours and days with teachers who will help shape their lives through the process of education. That’s why the Education department at UVF is committed to prepare you to be a competent, caring, and inspiring teacher.
Public School Teaching Certificate Program Admissions Requirements:
- A minimal GPA of 3.0 by the end of the fourth semester. This GPA must be maintained throughout the program until graduation.
- Completed PA Educator Basic Skills Assessments or the equivalent.
- Copies of all clearances on file with the education department.
- Interview with the education faculty.
- Positive recommendations from the faculty.
- Positive recommendation from the Director of Student Life.
- Completion of the following course work: ENG 123 College Writing (3 credits); English or American Literature (3 credits); Survey of Math I & II (6 credits)